Interior Design is arguably one of the most complex business to crack. It has a strong structured component to it and a very distinct artistic element that are fused to create a seamless whole.
The elements that work here can be applied to a great many other industries and business sectors:
• A need to understand the uniqueness of that an interior designer does
• The labor-intensive challenge of working in Google+
• The challenge of finding time to market oneself digitally
Over an hour spent with Laurie Laizure, Susan Serra and Jeffrey Johnson who moderate the Interior Design Community on Google+ we discussed:
• The challenge of choosing personal and professional content to post
• The need to create a digital identity that is not only business
• The chain of events that leads to serendipitous discovery in search
• The nuance of personal connections on the web
• The building of trust and reputation
• The challenge of being authentic and still making a living
Check out the video for the Hangout-On-Air (HOA).