On 23rd August I joined, as one of the participants, the Social Media Today webinar to explore the impact of Google+ on a personal and business basis.
Joining me was Debra Ellis a Canadian-based consulting and marketing agency and Maggie Fox. The webinar was just an hour long and, my timezone challenge in joining it at the beginning notwithstanding, we managed to cover some very important issues about the youngest and fastest growing social network on the planet.
The basics which came out of the webinar are:
- Google+ is here to stay. Its importance for search social media marketing and online promotion is only going to grow.
- Google+ is going to be great for business and brands with deep-level analysis and the ability to understand where your visitors and interactions come from.
- Google+ will set the standard for social media marketing.
- Google+ is still suffering from teething problems and are working things out as they go along.
- Google+ will change much of the way we use the web at a social marketing and promotional level.
There are still many developments and features being planned for Google+ so what we have, to date, is just the tip of the iceberg.
If you are not on Google+ yet and would like to join and need an invitation please let me know by sending me a brief message with your Gmail address. I still have a few left and I will be using them up on a first-come, first-served basis.