Here’s what it takes to smile at work -
- A sense that what you do matters
- A culture that makes work feel like fun
- Trust in those around you and above you
- The belief that you’re part of a team working together
- The knowledge that others depend on you and you cannot let them down
I see a lot of workplaces in many different countries. There are very few people smiling in them.
Each of the requirements to make a smile happen reflects an entire raft of processes that create transparency, accountability and responsibility. We need more businesses that make people smile.
The world is changing. Not overnight and not all at once, but it is changing nevertheless. In my talks to corporate groups, CEOs, VPs and industry leaders I gleam insights of how this change is happening. What evidence exists. Why some things happen and not others and how we can best take advantage of it all to do better. In Observations I catalogue it all. Brief, to the point and open to discussion.