Here’s what it takes to smile at work -
- A sense that what you do matters
- A culture that makes work feel like fun
- Trust in those around you and above you
- The belief that you’re part of a team working together
- The knowledge that others depend on you and you cannot let them down
I see a lot of workplaces in many different countries. There are very few people smiling in them.
Each of the requirements to make a smile happen reflects an entire raft of processes that create transparency, accountability and responsibility. We need more businesses that make people smile.